Bloom Fresh Frittata
Recipe by Chopped Champion, Chef Santana
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 box of baby kale
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 red potatoes, peeled, boiled and thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
½ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Heat oil in a large saute pan. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent. Add Bloom Fresh Wild Kale and stir to cook.
- Add potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes, or until potatoes caramelize. Salt to taste.
- Whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into the pan, add cheese and cook over medium heat until the eggs begin to set. Do not stir the eggs.
- Put the pan in the oven and cook for 2-4 minutes, or until the frittata is set and the top is golden brown.NOTE: hot sauce, fresh sour cream and scallion make wonderful toppings for the frittata