Bloom Fresh Summer Salad
Recipe by Celebrity Chef, Paula Hankin.
1/2 cup Bloom Fresh pomegranate arils
1 bunch asparagus, shaved
1 bunch radishes (8 radishes), thinly sliced
1 orange, thinly sliced
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup raw pistachio nuts, chopped
1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
Whish together all ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Rinse all of the vegetables well and chop off the tough ends of the asparagus and discard.
- Run a vegetable peeler (or potato peeler) down the full length of each stalk of asparagus, adding the shavings to a large salad bowl.
- Once you get down to the center of the asparagus and it becomes difficult to peel, you can chop the remaining parts finely and add it to the salad.
- Thinly slice the orange and fennel bulb and add to the salad bowl along with the chopped pistachios, goat cheese and pomegranate seeds.
- Pour all of the lemon dressing over the salad and toss and serve.