Bourbon Goldenberry Peach Pie
Recipe created by Chef Teresa Ramos
I’ve been told that Gooseberry Pie is a British delight, so to give it a bit of an American twist I added bourbon-cooked peaches, which gave it just the sweet kick it needed. Also- feel free to leave this as an open faced pie, I added the pie dough with a lattice pattern to the top because the crust is my favorite part of any pie!
2 Cups Bloom Fresh Goldenberries
1 Cup Sliced Peaches
2 Cups White Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons of Tilk
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Recipe for Pie Crust*
1/4 Cup of Bourbon of your choice
**you can also simplify your life and buy the dough already made from any major grocery store.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a small sauce pan. When butter is melted, add peaches. When the peaches have slightly caramelized, add bourbon. Let the bourbon cook for about 6 minutes. Set aside. In another sauce pan, add Bloom Fresh Goldenberry, sugar and salt. Cook down until mixture begins to boil.
- Combine the two delicious fruit mixtures into one pan then pour fruit into pastry. If you are adding top crust as I did you can have some fun here with design, you could also just add a whole piece of dough to the top, just remember to add slits to allow the steam to escape. You can brush the top with either egg or milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for around 35-40 minutes, the filling should be hot and bubbly and the crust will be a beautiful golden brown color. Brush top with melted butter before serving !
- You can enjoy this pie with a traditional vanilla bean ice cream, or mix sour cream and a bit of maple syrup, it adds a tangy flavor with a little sweetness that goes beautifully with this pie! Enjoy!