Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
Lauren Keating is a recipe developer and food photographer with a passion for fresh, healthy and delicious food that anyone can make and enjoy, because if it’s not delicious, it’s not worth eating.
1 cup BloomFresh pomegranate arils, divided
2 cups heavy cream, divided
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Pour 1/2 cup of pomegranate airls into a zip-top bag. Use a rolling pin to gently crush the arils and release their juice.
- Add 1 cup of cream and the sugar to a medium saucepan. Warm over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining cream, milk, and vanilla extract. Snip the corner of the plastic bag and squeeze in the pomegranate juice. Mix well.
- Refrigerate the mixture for several hours, or until thoroughly chilled
- Freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When the ice cream has a soft serve consistency, add the remaining 1/2 cup of pomegranate arils and the dark chocolate. Mix well.
- Freeze the ice cream for several hours for a firmer texture.