Pomegranate & Lemon Scones
Recipe created by Chef Teresa Ramos
1/4 cup Bloom Fresh Pomegranate Arils
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp. Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix.
- Add butter to the mixture until it is the texture of sand.
- Add cream and egg, mix well. Mix in Pomegranate seeds and zest.
- Dust counter with bench flour, roll out into 3 separate disks. Cut into four pieces which will resemble triangles. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter.