Super Bowl Skins
Recipe created by Chef Santana Caress
2 Bloom Fresh Scallions, sliced (for garnish)
8 whole Bloom Fresh Potatoes
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
salt, to taste
1-1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
8 slices fried bacon, chopped
1/2 cup greek yogurt or sour cream (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub and dry potatoes, then rub them down with 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Bake potatoes on the baking sheet until they are tender (30-40 minutes), then allow them to cool before handling them.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out 3/4 of the filling. Melt the butter and remaining olive oil, then brush both the outside and the inside of the potatoes and be sure to lightly salt them.
- Put potatoes back on the baking sheet, face-down, and return to the oven for 5 to 8 minutes. flip potatoes to make sure they’re crisp on both sides.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle the insides of the potato skins with cheddar and chopped bacon. Return back to the oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream (your choice) and garnish with scallion.